Embed the first question of the survey directly in the email and collect more responses.
Email Embed lets you share your survey via Emails, wherein you can embed the first question of the survey directly in the email and allow the respondents to complete the rest of the survey on a different tab.
Let’s see how it works.
Start building your survey questionnaire or choose one from the default templates available. Make sure to have the first question in any one of these question types - Rating, Opinion Scale, Multiple Choice, Picture Choice.
2. If you first question is a Multiple Choice or Picture Choice questions, make sure the toggle is disabled for Multiple Answers & Allow Other Option. The embed might not work as expected if the toggle is enabled.
Note: If the survey’s first question is different from the question types mentioned above, you’ll not be able to embed your survey in the email. The error message will look something like: (Refer to the screenshot below). 👇
2. Navigate to the Share tab and select Email Embed from the list of sharing options available below.
3. Now you can edit the name of your Email Embed, add a new logo, and see a preview of the survey's first question.
4. Once you’re satisfied with the look and feel of your survey, you can go to the HTML snippet part, copy the code and paste it into your email marketing tool to roll the survey out to your respondents.
5. If you wish to send the survey out to a particular customer, Enable Add Global Variables toggle right below the HTML snippet. Select the parameter from the dropdown and enter the value.
Click here to understand how to create a custom variable.
Note: In our example, we’ve chosen customer_id as the variable, so you’ll have to enter the correct customer id. And the values will get updated in the HTML Snippet directly.
6. Click Done to proceed further. Don’t forget to copy the HTML code.
7. Now, login to your email marketing tool. In our case, we’ve taken SendGrid as an example. Paste your HTML code snippet in the blank HTML area, and you’ll be able to see a preview of the survey's first question.
Note: You can go with any email marketing tool that is convenient for you.
8. Now when the email is sent and the respondent opens his/her email to take up the survey, the first question will look like this in the email. (Refer to the screenshot below).
9. After the respondent answers the first question, the rest of the survey will be opened on a different tab, and they’ll be able to complete it, effortlessly.
10. When your survey gets more responses, you can directly click on any particular response to check the Channel Source. If the response is from an Email Embed, the Channel source would have got tagged under the same.
That's all about Email Embed.
Please reach out to us for any technical assistance. We're just a chat away.Did this answer your question?