What happens when a user is deleted from your SurveySparrow account?
You can do two things before hitting the delete button, in case you wish to delete a user from your SurveySparrow account.
- Assign the role of a user to another user.
- Delete the user without assigning their role to another user
What happens when assigning the role of a user to another user?
Let’s assume a user with Survey Admin access is going to be removed, and a user with a Contributor role will be newly assigned with the privileges of Survey Admin(Removed user).
- Go to Settings > User Management to view all the users.
- Hover over the user and click the delete icon.
- You will be shown the option to assign the role to another user or delete the user without assigning their role.
- Choose a user from the Select the user drop-down to assign the role of the account you want to delete and click the Save button.
The surveys created by the user with Survey admin access under the "Mine"
folder(formerly Workspace) will be transferred and visible by the Account Owner.
The surveys created in other folders will be visible to users with visibility privileges for that particular folder. Also, for your better understanding, we've split this condition into two use cases.
Use Case 1: Folders that have Public access.
For example, the folder here is Feedback surveys. “Feedback surveys” is set as a public folder, which means every user under this folder has access to all the surveys created, and they will be visible to the users as well.
Use Case 2: Folders that have Private access.
In this example, CX Surveys is a private folder. Users who are invited or have access to this folder alone will be able to view/clone the surveys.
Note: Whoever has “Manage Users” privilege will be able to delete users. Please refer to the screenshot below.
- If a user has created multiple surveys that are fetching responses, you can rest assured that all the surveys will collect their responses even when the user account is deleted/removed.
- Every survey created by users is secured. In case an assigned user wishes to clone the surveys created by the deleted user, it’s just a cakewalk.
What happens when deleting the user without assigning their role to another user?
Even if you miss assigning the deleted user’s role to another user, all the surveys created by the deleted user will be accessible to the Account Owner. There will be no data loss.
The deleted user’s private survey(s) will be available under the “Mine” folder of the Account owner. The deleted user’s survey(s) in the General folder and folders with public access will be available in the respective folders of the Account owner.
What happens when a user with the role of Account owner is changed to the user who has admin access?
When a user with the Account owner role assigns their access to a different user with the Admin role, the roles will be interchanged here with corresponding access.